I recently wanted to disable Circular Logging on a Microsoft Small Business 2011 Server but every set of instructions I could find was slightly wrong (for older or new versions) so for the reference of others, I figured I’d just lay it out here:
- Open the Exchange Management Console
- Expand the Organisation Configuration tree node
- Click Mailbox
- In the right-hand pane, ensure the Database Management tab is selected
- Right click on the data you want to disable circular logging for and select Properties
- Untick Enable Circular Logging on the General tab
- Click OK
You will now be told the changes will not take effect until you unmount and remount the database stores – that is simply one way to do it. You could also simply restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service or combine it with restart of the whole server (for example to finalize updates).
Note: For anyone in charge of a Small Business Server, I highly recommend the [easyazon_link asin=”073565154X” locale=”US” new_window=”yes” nofollow=”default” tag=”bomc-21″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”no”]Windows Small Business Server 2011 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant[/easyazon_link].