When plugging in my Samsung Galaxy A5 I occasionally get the following message:
Moisture has been detected. To charge your device, make sure your charger/USB port is dry.
There’s a fair few suggested fixed for this out there, including the following neither of which I have any faith in:
- Clean out the USB-C port and the headphone port (it’s a good idea to turn your phone off when you do this)
- Clear the cache of the USBSettings App and restart the phone:
- Go to Settings
- Press Applications
- Press the 3 dot menu in the top right corner and press Show System Apps
- Press the USBSettings App
- Press Storage
- Press Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Restart your phone
The thing is, in both of the above you have to turn your phone off and on, for me that alone seem to solve the problem.
As I find any other suggestions, I’ll add them here.