A recent update by LogMeIn to ‘The Application Formerly Known As Ignition’* now known as ‘LogMeIn Client’ has broken the sorting of groups. Sigh. It seems to me that 50% of the updates by LogMeIn break something yet I’ve never noticed a new feature from one – what exactly are they doing I wonder?
Fortunately there is a very simple fix:
- Click here to download the DLL and EXE files from the previous version of LogMeIn Client
- Exit LogMeIn Client (I exited LogMeIn just to be sure as well)
- Unzip the files to the LogMeIn Client folder (for me this was C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\Ignition) and overwrite the files there
- Restart LogMeIn and LogMeIn Client
- Do Not Install the new update when prompted
You should now be good to go but don’t forget to disable updating in LogMeIn to prevent the issues returning
*The reason for the ridicule of LogMeIn’s naming is because they have always had a LogMeIn client, when they renamed Ignition they saw fit to rename it LogMeIn Client, a baffling move that now means we effectively have the LogMeIn client and the LogMeIn Client client (installed together), someone really needs to have a talk with their marketing department.